Links to meals this week:
- Sunday breakfast: Larabars, here are some recipes from Chocolate Covered Katie’s blog that you can try if you want to try to make your own! (I have not tried to make home-made Larabars yet, so let me know if you make them!) My mom recently converted to Larabars from the super processed Odwalla Bars she had been eating. She loves Larabars now! I highly recommend them for a quick on-the-go real food snack.
- Sunday dinner: Lemon Basil Pasta
- Monday and Thursday breakfast: Granola and Yogurt
- Wednesday dinner: Jack and I will be taking a class at Local D’Lish about making quick weeknight meals. I am super excited to take this class, and hope that it will inspire me to come up with some new creative ideas for all of you to make quicker meals during the week! I’m also excited to check out Local D’Lish for the first time. It’s a food market that features local growers and artisans.
Some of you might be wondering what “extras” are. They are the extra snacks that we add to lunches. These snacks come in handy for me when I’m at work and really want to get a cookie or a cupcake or a peanut butter crispy bar. Although, they don’t always work! I sometimes end up buying those treats anyway. But having these snacks on hand prevents some of the needless sweets in the afternoon. Jack’s office has a gym, and he really enjoys having a snack to eat after a work-out.
- Fresh fruit
- Carrot sticks or celery sticks with peanut butter
- Home-made trail mix (which is just my home-made granola with some dried fruit and chocolate chips mixed in)
- Hard-boiled eggs
- String Cheese
What types of treats do you like to eat in the afternoon when you’re at work? Do you have any other healthy options to add to this list?
Have a great week!